Marco Polo: Objectives
The scope of the Marco Polo Network is to help bank platforms connect faster, more efficient to their corporate clients via ERP trade and working capital finance applications and the wider trade ecosystem. The focus is to create better bank and customer experience and seamless data integration, whilst reducing costs, time and risk.
This includes a robust suite of trade specific APIs and technology tools, applications, a sophisticated rules engine, and an open, standard core infrastructure for trade data, contracts, and transactions.
The Marco Polo Network aims to provide cutting-edge trade finance solutions to meet the key objectives of financial institutions, their corporate clients and the wider trade ecosystem.
For financial institutions:
- Reduce operational costs and risks associated with delivering trade and working capital solutions.
- Increase revenue opportunities by connecting efficiently with their corporate clients and getting access to new corporates and real-time trade data.
- Efficient and fast client onboarding process
- Reduce administrative costs and risks in using working capital finance solutions
- Single access channel to connect to existing and new financial institutions
- Have access to a wider range of funding opportunities.
- Provide a smarter, more straightforward, easy way to integrate technology infrastructure for the entire trade ecosystem
- Standardised trade orchestrations leveraging digital smart-contracts to drive automation and interoperability
- Utilise light, modular, and API-driven systems that provide a superior customer experience
- Reduce risk, operational and compliance costs by providing participants real-time visibility into a single source of truth
- Collaborative approach working with many banks and technology companies to provide the next generation trade finance solution
- Provide a secure, global, open business network for trade finance that can be linked to other business networks
- Blockchain – Leveraging blockchain technology and its capabilities for trade and working capital finance – smart contracts, security, immutable, auditable, redundant and trusted.
- Next Generation Trade Finance Engine – Access to an innovative platform for a secure, user-friendly, modular, flexible, shared infrastructure enabling interoperability with rules and standards.
- Single Point of Access – Access to broader funding providers (banks & non-bank) by enabling seamless, secure, high-velocity trade and working capital financing options.
- Integration – Access to trade finance APIs allowing members to integrate with internal and external systems, connecting the whole trade ecosystem.
- Better Collaboration – Collaborate with peers, technology and industry experts. Exchange best practices and develop standards with one of the fastest growing trade finance business networks.
- Risk Reduction – Operational risk is reduced through enhanced operational efficiency. The transactional risk is reduced with improved transparency and security.
- Audit and Compliance – Superior audit and compliance through the provision of forensic audit trail and improve transparency and tracking of trade assets.
- New Revenue Streams – Access to new origination channels increasing sales with efficient scale.
Would you like to speak to us about the Marco Polo blockchain initiative for trade finance or know more about how you can join?
+44 203 287 0744